Pitch for the Purse
Breaking the barriers for access to capital for women entrepreneurs…one pitch at a time.
On Friday, November 25, over 120 guests joined FWE at The Vancouver Club for the Pitch for the Purse Semi-Finals Breakfast. Ten Semi-Finalists pitched before a panel of mentors and a supportive audience of investors, entrepreneurs and the FWE Community.Three finalists were announced live at the conclusion of the event, and each Mentor selected the Finalist that they will be coaching in the lead-up to the finale at The Odlum Brown FWE Gala on February 20, 2017.
Who will inspire your vote? Come learn about these exceptional women entrepreneurs and hear their stories. Be part of the action and help award one Finalist a $25,000 cash prize for the best pitch.
Meet the Finalists and their Mentors:
| Wayne Deans
Co-Founder | Deans Knight Capital Management Ltd.
EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM + $25K PITCH CONTEST (Applications are now closed)
Pitch for the Purse is an exciting new program and educational opportunity for women entrepreneurs in Canada. This program will educate women on the various ways to raise capital including how to pitch to investors, with an opportunity to win a $25,000 purse prize for the best pitch.
EDUCATIONAL CALL | November 9, 2016 | 10:00 – 11:15 am PST
All women across Canada are invited to participate in a one-hour educational call detailing the different types of access to capital and how to pitch for investment. Hosted by Mike Volker, Angel Investor.
PITCH SEMI-FINALS| November 25, 2016 | 8:00 – 11:30 am PST
Ten Semi-Finalists will be selected to present their 5-minute pitches live in front of a panel of three judges and an audience at the Semi-Finals breakfast.
PITCH FINALE | February 20, 2017 | The Odlum Brown FWE Gala
Finalists will pitch at The Odlum Brown FWE Gala before an audience of 600+ business leaders + entrepreneurs.
How does it work?
You might need $1M to grow your business, or just $150,000. What matters is that you want to grow your business, and need help to craft your pitch. That’s where we come in. FWE has designed Pitch for the Purse to address a key concern facing women entrepreneurs…access to capital. The program is divided into four sections: Pitch Training, Semi-Finals, Mentorship + Pitch Finale.
MEET OUR 10 SEMI-FINALISTS
Tara Bosch, SmartSweets (Vancouver, BC)
Stacy Irvine, Totum Life Science (Toronto, ON)
Corinne Kessel, Greenscape Design & Decor (Burnaby, BC)
Dionne Laslo-Baker, DeeBee’s Organics Ltd. (Victoria, BC)
Carlyn Loncaric, VodaSafe Inc (Vancouver, BC)
Katie Reiach + Beth Boyle, Talk Shop Media (Vancouver, BC)
Nicolette Richer, Green Moustache Licensing Inc. (Whistler, BC)
Andrea Scott, skoah franchising Inc (Vancouver, BC)
Suzanne Solsona, MyMayu (North Vancouver, BC)
Shelley Wallace, Hagensborg Chocolates Ltd. (Burnaby, BC)
November 25, 2016 | 8:00 – 11:30 am | The Vancouver Club | Vancouver, BC
- 10 Semi-Finalists will present their 5-minute pitches live in front of a panel of three judges + an audience of business leaders and entrepreneurs in the community.
- All Semi-Finalists will receive 1:1 coaching from an FWE Board Member prior to taking the stage.
- Three Finalists will be announced LIVE at the conclusion of the event.
- Each of the three finalists will be paired up with a Semi-Finals Judge for 1:1 mentorship.
- They’ll receive a one-hour meeting with your Mentor by phone or in person in Vancouver, in early January 2017.
- They’ll also get a one-hour, in-person meeting with your Mentor in late January 2017 in Vancouver. During this meeting, the final Pitch will be filmed in preparation for the finale at The Odlum Brown FWE Gala on February 20, 2017.
February 20, 2017 | The Odlum Brown FWE Gala | Fairmont Hotel Vancouver | Vancouver, BC
- Three finalists will pitch at The Odlum Brown FWE Gala before an audience of 600+ business leaders + entrepreneurs.
- The three finalists will be questioned LIVE at the Gala by two celebrity judges.
- The audience will select the winner of the $25K prize for best pitch.
- Each of the three finalists will have a guaranteed spot at E-Series 2017 (April 19 – 21, 2017).
Questions? We’re here to help! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at 604-682-8115.
Thank you to our 2016 Sponsors: